Day 17

5/17
Today I worked on music at home and in the studio for the day. In the morning I had to finish up a keyboard part for Reeds senior project. It’s a really cool song that started as our first jam together which we then decided to record. It has a cool jazzy-blusey guitar lick and a simple laid back old school hip hop beat. My keyboard part will be imported as midi onto Reeds computer and sliced into the song. I used an old sampled Rhodes piano sent through a wah pedal to create a funky sound that fits perfectly into the track. I went to the studio around noon to check in with Bill about express fest. I might perform a song for express fest but that depends if there’s enough time with the new express fest schedule. I’m not really looking forward to express fest as it’s changed a lot since it’s started. The schools kind of cut into student performance time which isn’t cool for “expression festival”....
Hours: 6

Comments

  1. So cool that you all got together and recorded something!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts