Week 2

5/12
This week has been really really awesome. I can't believe I'm almost leaving already. I've definitely gotten a good taste of all the different kinds of environmental work are going on here. I've learned so much this week from turtles, to coral, to whales. One thing I learned was that only Green Sea turtles are called Honu in Hawaiian. I had thought that Honu was just the word for turtle. The highlight of my week was probably cutting fishing line off of a turtle with MOCMI. It was so cool to feel part of something that helps animals. Learning about the whale IDs was also very cool. I had only helped with a small portion of all the work that needs to be done. There are countless photos that still need to be matched going back to the 1970s! One thing that I’m really happy with is how well I managed to balance work and play considering there’s an amazing swell going on right on… I don’t want to come home but I’m also excited to start the next section of my senior project!!

Comments

Popular Posts